The Medicine Shoppe Pharmacy of Shillington's Clinical Services include MTM and Med Synchronization Program.
What Is MTM?
MTM stands for Medication Therapy Management. The two type of MTM are Clinical MTM and Cost Effective MTM.
Clinical MTM are focused on strictly clinical outcomes without any review of cost.
Cost Effective MTM are focused on therapeutic alternative in regards to cost. It requires full knowledge of all available drugs in a class.
MTM (Medication Therapy Management) is review of all your medication, disease state, and the desired outcome of mediation. MTM is evaluation of your medication with your disease state and provide appropriate advice.
If you would like to speak to a pharmacit...
What Does MTM Covers?
It covers all the Medication including over the counter medication, vitamins, and minerals. We also review your Vaccinations.
Many insurance covers MTM, but we also offer cash MTM. It usually takes an hour to review your medications. We share the findings with your primary care provider, unless objected by the patient.
Clinical MTM are covered by most insurance. The price is $80 for MTM performance that requires more than an hour of pharmacist time. Cost effective MTM are not covered by insurance. Due to unique nature and wide range of knowledge requirement that goes beyond pharmacist common practice, the price for cost effective MTM are $150. Cost effective MTM automatically includes clinical MTM in the price.
An example of Cost effective MTM would be our Sildenafil 20mg tablet program.
Medication Synchronization (Med Sync)
Medication Synchronization (Med Sync) is a program offered by The Medicine Shoppe of Shillington to increase adherence to your medication. Med sync is designed to allow patient to pick all of their medication once a month. Patient makes a once a month trip to the medicine pharmacy to pick up their medication.
Med synch program is free of cost to our customers.
Med Synch prevents multiple phone call, multiple trips to the pharmacy and allows patient to see pharmacist only monthly schedule basis. Pharmacist gets opportunity to meet you once a month and review all your medication at once. We could also sync your medication from our Extended Supply Generic Drug Program list
How Does Medication Synchronization Work?
- Talk to The Medicine Shoppe of Shillington pharmacist about enrolling in med sync.Our pharmacy staff will review your monthly medication and create a plan to synchronize
- so they can be filled and picked up on a single day of month for your convenience.
- We will call you a week before and ask for any changes we are not available before your prescriptions are filled. We will adjust any changes
- Out staff will prepare your medication in a single packet for you to pick up at your selected date or deliver
- On your pick up schedule day, Our pharmacist will have conversation with you and answer any questions or comment you have about your medication
- The process repeats each month. It's as simple as that
Enroll in our Dispill program to ensure you take your medication at the right time every day.
To enroll in our Med Sync Program at no cost to you...
The Medicine Shoppe Pharmacy of Shillington
Offering The Best Clinical Services in Reading, Berks County, PA